Tuesday, June 2

The Paris Apartment


I am so excited! One of my favorite blogs The Paris Apartment has posted our sheer linen tie top curtains on their site! What a compliment to be on there, thank you! These are one of my favorite products and they just look beautiful in any setting. I especially love them when the windows are open and they flutter in the wind. For me it is a mini beach holiday every time I see this! The author of the blog, Claudia Strasser wrote the book The Paris Apartment, Romantic Decor on a Fleamarket Budget and I just ordered it and can't wait to get it. As some of you may know, I traveled to France for years on buying trips when I owned The Chandler Collection in the 1990's. There is still nothing like the thrill of going to Paris and shopping, eating, drinking and just soaking it all up! I have always loved the way the French make everything so stylish. My first trip to Paris was when I was 17 and I went for a summer to be an au pair. As soon as I arrived and went up to my little hotel room, glanced out the window at the roof tops - I had my first and only real experience with déjà vu. I knew instantly I had been there before! It really was such a profound experience and it has never happened to me since. I am definitely a Francophile! Bises...

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had the Chandler Collection! I've kept your catalogs for years, and always looked for you at the shows. I'd love to put some of your products in my Textiles section on my site, let's talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was me. I owned it frome 1993 - 2000 when I sold it to a larger corporation -stayed on running it for 5 years and then decided to get back out on my own. Definitely call me 702-982-1307 I would love to speak with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this photo and the whole look of this room! The PERFECT Parisian apartment look and wish I could make it mine.
    I can't find an email address to contact you so I will ask you here... do you sell organic sheets? I am looking for new ones CalKing as well as for a bassinette or crib.
    Thanks! Love your blog and all these wonderful home decor items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelli! Thank you for your sweet comment. My email address is leigh@papillonlinens.com If you click on the Papillon Linens butterfly at the top of the blog page, it will take you to my website. I do have a web contact form that if filled out comes directly to me. Please check out our Dreamfit section, we have two sheet sets that we offer that are so eco-freindly. The Bamboo sheets are 70% bamboo which is a totally sustainable fiber and 30% cotton. The Tencel sheets are absolutely amazing - made from totally renewable eucalyptus fibers. Check out this amazing technology at http://www.tencel.at/index.php?id=38&L=1 it is incredible to sleep on! PS we can also make crib bedding in this fabric with the best fit ever - guaranteed to stay on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After seeing a post by The Paris Apartment, I just came across papillon linens for the first time. What beautiful products and what a cute blog! I love it all, but especially the Brussels collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Brooke! I am so complimented that you like my Brussels Collection and my blog! The Brussels "universal monogram" was my first design when I started this company. I have collected the European vintage and antique linens with monograms for years. I was always afraid to use them too often and the monograms were never mine (which really doesn't matter. I wanted to create that same look in linen and have a product you can wash and dry at home and use for years and years to come. I have a dog and two cats and believe me, my linens get the full "pet testing" everyday. 100% linen is so easy to care for, fantastic to sleep with and it just gets softer and softer after every wash. I gear my blog to my customers and potential customers and leave the really great blogging to those that are best at it (like my favorites listed), but encouragement like yours makes it more fun and makes me want to blog even more! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete